How does this whole points thing work?
Improved Production Club of South Australia runs our own championship, and therefore points scoring, within the SA State Championships. Racers who run at the State Rounds will accrue points towards both the IPRA SA and SCCSA championships, provided that they are eligible. The eligibility and scoring is described below:
- Drivers must be a current financial member of IPRA SA
- Drivers must have purchased the current circular IPRA SA stickers from the club and have them clearly visible on both side of the car, along with the website sticker on the rear window.
- Points will be calculated for each of the rounds in the IPRA SA championship.
- Point scoring is divided up into five classes, according to the 3J Class divisions found in the Cams Manual:
Class A : 0-1600cc
Class B: 1601cc – 2000cc
Class C: 2001cc – 3000cc
Class D: 3001cc – 6000cc
- Each year, several awards are presented for various achievements. These are:
Driver of the Year – 1st Outright
Class A – 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Class B – 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Class C – 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Class D – 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Late Model – 1st, 2nd and 3rd
In the case of under subscription of each of the classes, trophies will be awarded for positions to one less than the number of competitors. i.e. if there are 3 entries for a class only 2 trophies (1st and 2nd) will be awarded.
Trophy winners must have competed in a minimum of 50% of the races held in the season.
- Point Scoring for the Driver of the Year trophy:
Points are allocated for places in the scratch races which the competitor finishes. Handicap races are not allocated points.
1st IPRA SA Driver = 10 points
2nd IPRA SA Driver = 9 points
3rd IPRA SA Driver = 8 points
4th IPRA SA Driver = 7 points
5th IPRA SA Driver = 6 points
6th IPRA SA Driver = 5 points
7th IPRA SA Driver = 4 points
8th IPRA SA Driver = 3 points
9th IPRA SA Driver = 2 points
10th IPRA SA Driver = 1 point
Points are only allocated to eligible members, i.e. if an non-eligible competitor places in the top 10 then their points allocation flow down to the eligible competitors.
- Point Scoring for Class Trophies:
Points are allocated for each race which the competitor finishes (both handicap and scratch)
a) 5 points are allocated for the completion (3laps) of practice / qualifying.
b) 5 points are allocated for the completion of each race
c) Extra points are allocated for placement order in each race:
1st IPRA SA Driver in Class = 10 points
2nd IPRA SA Driver in Class = 8 points
3rd IPRA SA Driver in Class = 6 points
4th IPRA SA Driver in Class = 4 points
5th IPRA SA Driver in Class = 2 points
6th IPRA SA Driver in Class = 1 point